Nestled in the historic village of Dunster, within the Exmoor National Park, is this Grade II listed character property, Vine Cottage.
A welcoming and homely feel greets as you enter, with a sitting room on the left of the hallway; ideal for unwinding into the evening after a day of rambles, with two comfortable sofas arranged in front of a wood burner, along with a TV for entertainment.
Carry the conversation into the kitchen and adjoining dining room where you can keep the chef of the group company whilst they learn their way around the appliances, including an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and even a dishwasher, ensuring hassle-free washing up!
Head upstairs to the bedrooms, both of which enjoy views over Dunster Church and Castle and house double beds, making this an ideal choice for a couple, or a small family.
The main bedroom has a separate dressing room.
Begin each morning with a brisk shower or bath before making your way to the front lawn for a moment in the sunshine.
The village of Dunster is filled with charm as well as offering plenty of quirky gift shops and small grocery stores for picking up any essentials.
Learn about the history of the area through the old buildings, including the iconic Yarn Market, the remains of a Benedictine priory, a working watermill and Iron Age settlements.
If you fancy a night off cooking, choose from a selection of restaurants, pubs and tearooms.
The area is a haven for walkers due to the wooded hillsides and picturesque hills of Exmoor, providing glorious walks through open moorland, woodland and along the coast.
Head into Minehead, just over two miles away, where you can lounge on the golden beach, stroll along the mile-long promenade and enjoy fish and chips whilst watching the boats reel into the harbour.
Alternatively, climb aboard the South West Steam Railway and journey to the nearby port of Watchet for a delightful day trip, or travel a short distance to explore the beautiful Horner Woods National Nature Reserve or the sweeping expanse of Porlock Bay.
Vine Cottage is a delightful cottage and a wonderful base from which to explore the Exmoor National Park and beyond.
- Two double bedrooms 1 x double bed, 1 x small double
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, hand-held shower, basin and WC
- Kitchen with adjoining dining room
- External utility room with washing machine and freezer
- Sitting room with wood burner
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, TV and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request (linen for travel cot not provided)
- Roadside parking available on a first come, first served basis
- Enclosed lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 0.2 miles, pub 0.1 mile
- Dunster beach 1.8 miles
- Note: No children under 5, except babes in arms
- Note: Some doorway entrances are low, please take care
- The owner has a site for more information about the cottage location and surrounding area – https://www.vinecottagedunster.com/
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £35.